St Francis Chapel Makerere
This Historical Building was originally built in 1950’s to serve 500 students the project was inevitably expanded to increase seating capacity to 1,500 pax to fit new populations.
The complexity on this heritage project was on how to expand the building while retaining the character and soul of the building. The new design is a modern application of the old design with modern standards of lighting, ventilation, acoustics, PWD access, emergency access, and washrooms.
St Francis Chapel Makerere University
Chapel Grounds Makerere University Main Campus
Project managers and Architects